Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Reflection

This is my reflection on TY. It has been undoubtedly my most eventful year yet. This year I have become a lot closer to some of my friends. TY has given me an opportunity to try out different subjects I haven't done before such as Art, Music and Technology. I really enjoyed doing these subjects because they are different to what I studied for the Junior Cert. Despite all the projects we were assigned through out the year I can say that I have now mastered the production of projects. The projects have helped a lot with my computer skills and made me more confident to present it in front of a class. There are, of course, a lot of highlight of TY such as , Mini company, where my group, The Just Desserts, won the Judges Award in the Enterprise Board Competition. I don't think I can ever forget the look on our faces when our names were called up to the stage to receive our trophy and €100. Mini company certainly has opened my mind for running my own business in the future and also has thought me a lesson to always research and not everyone is truthful! Another memorable moment of TY for me was Carlingford, which was one of the first and longest trip we went on. It was great staying over night with my friends and the activities were fantastic. Nothing beats water recreation! Some of the activities we did included archery, canoeing, climbing and pier jumping!
I found careers really helpful aswell because of the subject choices and career interests. This gave an idea of what career I'd like in the future.
Work experience was one of the reasons why I picked to do TY and I have not regretted it.I went to Twin Oaks Bakery, NUI Maynooth and Dublin Dental Hospital. The places I went to definitely showed what the working world is like, and also what jobs I would like and not want. It was very beneficial and recommend it to students applying for TY .
Overall TY is a year to remember for the random things we did such as swim a mile, percussion workshop, scifest, english workshop, retreat and a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment